Forum Index > General > Project idea suggestion box
 Automatic LED lights for some outdoor/indoor stairs
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: ninja13 () on Monday, February 02 2009 @ 05:12 AM PST (Read 6085 times)  
Anonymous: ninja13

I was thinking about LED's for stairs

I have some stairs outside that really need some lighting and was thinking of how the led boards for the coffee table use the IR receiver why not on a smaller board?

Basically it would be like the led board except it's one quadrant it would have lets say 10 to 20 pins on the board which lets you hook up leds by wire (maybe screw terminals etc) and it would have IR sensors at the top and the bottom of the stairs or near them and would softly light up the stairs not a quick on more a quick low to bright.

and these would stay on for a predetermined time and then softly dim till off.

This would be a nice little unit as it could be used for other things and it could even work off batteries and a tiny solar panel (as you would only be powering a IR led and a pic to sense the light that would be little draw am i right?)

It would work well inside and out if it was outside id like to add a small solar panel but just being able to light up the stairs with alittle animation instead of a constant on off would be nice.

What do you think?

By: Anonymous: ninja13 () on Monday, February 02 2009 @ 06:08 AM PST  
Anonymous: ninja13

Well i've been looking around and found out that someone else has made something like this but with a laser and a very nice animation.

Guys called Alan Parekh never seen his site before but it does look nice the way he did it

http://www.alan-parekh.com/stair_lights_pics/stair_lights_bright.wmv

It would be nice to see something abit like this the animation is cool

By: Anonymous: IPF Group () on Wednesday, December 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM PST  
Anonymous: IPF Group

I make a led stairs controller for sale. I'm use IR Led And tsop sensor. Look at http://ipfgroup.co.uk/

All times are PDT. The time is now 04:42 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account