Forum Index > Projects > Interactive LED projects
 These kits are great!
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Marshall M () on Monday, July 27 2009 @ 07:52 AM PDT (Read 1525 times)  
Anonymous: Marshall M

I just wanted to say that these kits were completely worth the cost. I ordered the 8 panel kit for a coffee table that I'm building and they are amazing. The instructions were amazingly detailed and the parts were in clearly labeled bags and were shipped in great condition.

These kits are so amazing in fact that I've got friends who are thinking about ordering them now and a TechShop course in making a night-stand with one panel is being contemplated now.

My only recommendation to improve the kit is minor and probably not even worth listening to. I spent a lot of time trying to fix some stubborn permanently lit LEDs, which turned out to be easily fixed simply by replacing the bad one in the string. This IS mentioned in the instructions but it is sort of a side note and I missed it the first time around. I found directions on this forum for fixing the problem though. I would suggest that you highlight the instructions for fixing the permanently on/off problem in some way. Again though, this is minor and not of much concern.

Also, the design is amazingly elegant and simple. The circuit is very well thought out and as an engineering student, I'm amazed at how brilliant it is. Yet again proving the versatility of op-amps.

Again, these are amazing kits and I'll definitely be ordering more stuff from you guys in the future.

All times are PDT. The time is now 07:09 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account