Forum Index > Projects > Larson Scanner kit and LED Menorah kit support
 cylon eye
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Daniele () on Saturday, October 17 2009 @ 05:34 AM PDT (Read 2858 times)  
Anonymous: Daniele

Hi,

I'm from Italy and I just finished my own Cylon costume. The only part I miss is the electronic eye. It's driving me crazy!
I've tried the way of your jack-o'-lantern project but it didn't work. Surely it was my fault and my lack of english practice, I think I've misunderstood some passage.
Now I'm looking at your recent kit with ATiny controller, but I think it couldn't work properly for my real Cylon helmet. Is that possible to take off the 9 leds and put others in serie like the project of the 24 leds jack-o'-lantern you made?
A 24-27 high capacity LEDs circuit should be fine to me. Any suggest for that? Please help me!!!

Thank you very much
Daniele

By: Anonymous: Daniele () on Saturday, October 17 2009 @ 05:40 AM PDT  
Anonymous: Daniele

I'm sorry, I've realized that this could be the wrong section for my request, but I've been led here directly by clicking a link from the Larson's project page.

By: Windell (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM PDT  
Windell

I'm sorry, I've realized that this could be the wrong section for my request, but I've been led here directly by clicking a link from the Larson's project page.

I've moved this topic to the correct forum.

Is that possible to take off the 9 leds and put others in serie like the project of the 24 leds jack-o'-lantern you made?

You could put two LEDs in series in place of each LED, for a total of 18 LEDs, if you increase the power supply from 3 V to 4.5 V, like using three AA cells.

Windell H. Oskay
drwho(at)evilmadscientist.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

By: Anonymous: susan c () on Saturday, October 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM PDT  
Anonymous: susan c

Help. I just finished building the Larson Scanner kit, and it doesn't work. I followed the directions exactly, and it looks like all of the pics. What should I do? Thanks.

By: Windell (offline) on Saturday, October 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM PDT  
Windell

Seeing as this is an unrelated question, it's a little odd to list it here as a reply to the question about adding extra LEDs.

We've had several discussions about non-working Larson Scanners here this week-- most of them are fully up and running now. I'd suggest looking through those other discussions for a bunch of hints about where to start looking.

There's really not much to go wrong with the kit. By far the most likely causes of problems are (1) poor solder joints or (2) a component is backwards or in the wrong place.

Windell H. Oskay
drwho(at)evilmadscientist.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

All times are PDT. The time is now 11:53 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account