Forum Index > Projects > LED Pegboard and Matrix Projects
 Making a large led display
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: 3demon () on Wednesday, October 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM PDT (Read 5044 times)  
Anonymous: 3demon

Is it possible to use 8 peggy board all together to make a large led screen to display time temp and or scrolling text.

By: Windell (offline) on Thursday, October 29 2009 @ 03:13 AM PDT  
Windell

Yes, although it hasn't yet (to my knowledge) been done, and it would probably involve some (straightforward) programming. The Peggy 2 boards tile side-to-side seamlessly so that they can make an extended display. There is an onboard I2C interface-- a type of multipoint serial port --that can be used to send data to multiple Peggy 2 boards, from an appropriate controller-- either one of the boards dedicated as master, or (for example) an external Arduino used as a serial-TWI converter.

Windell H. Oskay
drwho(at)evilmadscientist.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

By: xDGx (offline) on Friday, October 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM PDT  
xDGx

1. I'm interested in doing that (and do have *A LOT* of questions Oops! ) but I have no programming experience, is there anyone here willing to do something like that ?
2. I'd also like to ask if there's anyone controlling the Peggy in real time using Processing (if that's even possible, I don't know)
3. Is there anything already done(code) to make a Peggy a big "audio spectrum analizer" display ?
Thanks !

Forum Scientist
Scientist

Profile Email    

By: Windell (offline) on Friday, October 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM PDT  
Windell

>. I'm interested in doing that (and do have *A LOT* of questions ) but I have no programming experience, is there anyone here willing to do something like that ?

I don't know if anyone will volunteer for it, but typically at least *some* programming experience is needed to do things like this. Peggy is, of course, a good place to learn programming. Wink

> I'd also like to ask if there's anyone controlling the Peggy in real time using Processing

Our video peggy example shows one way to do this-- we used the video camera module in processing to control the Peggy, through its I2C interface.

>Is there anything already done(code) to make a Peggy a big "audio spectrum analizer" display

I don't know if that's been done. It does seem like a somewhat obvious thing to do....

Windell H. Oskay

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

By: xDGx (offline) on Sunday, November 01 2009 @ 01:55 PM PST  
xDGx

What about Pure Data ? Is it possible to use it with the peggy ? If yes, is there anyone using it ? I've just started with it Cool
Thanks!

Forum Scientist
Scientist

Profile Email    

By: Windell (offline) on Sunday, November 01 2009 @ 04:56 PM PST  
Windell

I do not know of anyone using pd, but the interfaces are pretty flexible-- you could certainly make that work if you wanted to.

Windell H. Oskay

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

All times are PDT. The time is now 11:33 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account