Forum Index > General > Where the heck do you get a ....
 Gunhead CnC 7x lathe.
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Brian64 () on Monday, April 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM PDT (Read 6982 times)  
Anonymous: Brian64

I found this cnc lathe from Gunhead. http://gunhead.com/GMW/index.html

I'm a small parts builder, and originally I was using a Sherline, but found it to be a bit inadequate. There just isn't a small lathe that was tough enough to do what I needed in steel and aluminum. That is what I thought until I found the Gunhead 7x lathe. I bought it, and it does the job. It's made of steel and iron, unlike it's aluminum rivals. Best tool I ever purchased. Now where did I put that Tesla Coil???

I think I saw one on ebay too.

Brian.

By: Anonymous: brian whitted () on Thursday, July 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM PDT  
Anonymous: brian whitted

Does anyone know where I can get a used Laser to make a laser Harp?

By: Anonymous: Terry Kiel () on Thursday, July 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM PDT  
Anonymous: Terry Kiel

You most likely wont find anything worth the money used but expect to get a a new one for around 500- 600 bucks, you can try craigslist, but most likey you will have to order from a company online.

Good luck

By: karlgg (offline) on Monday, July 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM PDT  
karlgg

This was just an advertisement cut and pasted across many different boards on several websites... I was under the impression they were deleted, but that was quite obviously wrong. Razz

You don't want to use most lasers you'd find in a "search", they'd generally be too powerful for safety's sake, or too invisible for a "light organ". Generic laser pointers would be the best bet, though you still have to wear appropriate eye protection when messing with them. Not a good "first laser" project.

I think the original Jarre stage prop didn't use actual lasers, but focused spot lights or such. To see the beams, you have to have some sort of particulates in the air, a fog machine or some sort of smoke with the lights shining through them... And you have to tune the sensors to recognize the reflection of your hands without noticing the reflection from the mist.

Coupled with the fact that you shouldn't let anyone near you while it's on, it's probably a good idea not to do this unless you have a stadium stage handy.

I think I am, therefore I am... I think
Forum Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Profile Email    

By: karlgg (offline) on Monday, July 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM PDT  
karlgg

After looking it up, the original did use a laser, but piped through fiber optics where it came out the other end rather unlaser-like.

http://www.stephenhobley.com/blog/laser-harp-2009/the-laser-harp-pages/

I think I am, therefore I am... I think
Forum Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Profile Email    

All times are PDT. The time is now 09:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account