Forum Index > Projects > Clock Kits
 Issue with the
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Ryley () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM PST (Read 1101 times)  
Anonymous: Ryley

I assembled my clock! It was smooth and elegant and then... I have an issue with red ring. I can't get my 11, 12, 1, 2, and 3 o clock(in relation to the physical location, not projected) lights won't light. The 10 oclock light is also dimmer than the rest. From what i can tell, the problem is the 3 zerohm connections. My voltmeter says the outer LEDs are getting power but they won't light. I double checked my LED orientation and they're all facing the correct direction. Any help would be amazing!

By: Windell (offline) on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM PST  
Windell

Hi Ryley,
So far as I know, there not a single point of failure that can cause this error that you're seeing; there may be more than one independent issue that is conspiring to cause this.

First, double-check to make sure that the red ring is oriented correctly and that it's right side up.

It would take several of the zerohm connections not solid to cause all of those LEDs to not light. You won't be able to tell with the multimeter whether the LEDs are "getting voltage," but you should be able to use it (on ohms or continuity test mode) to verify whether there's connection to the vertical jumpers.

The 10:00 and 11:00 position LEDs (corresponding to 4:00 and 5:00 shadows) are connected to LED5, 12:00 and 1:00 are connected to LED1, and 2:00 and 3:00 are connected to LED2. All LEDs on the red ring are also connected to LED10, on one side or the other.

Windell H. Oskay
drwho(at)evilmadscientist.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

All times are PDT. The time is now 02:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account