Forum Index > Projects > Egg-Bot
 Stuck pen motor
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: The Brown Fox () on Friday, March 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM PDT (Read 2810 times)  
Anonymous: The Brown Fox

Ok, the eggbot has been constructed. Accomplished this without any problems. Downloaded and installed all of the software. Again, not any problems. Went to test things out on an egg and met up with a problem.

Under the manual tab, decided to check out moving the egg and pen motors. The egg motor rotated the egg as expected. If I set the pen motor straight up and down centered over the egg and then ask it to move plus or minus modest amount, say 100 or 200, it all works as long as the pen stays away from the edges. If I move the pen so that it goes all the way to one edge or the other it becomes stuck and will not move back the other way.

I then decided to jump ahead and see what happens with couple of the existing sample files, "Hello World" and "smiley_tut." Neither one of them worked properly. With "Smiley_tut" the pen went tho one edge of the egg and got stuck, unable to lift up from the edge. Ended up with an arc from the egg motor going back and forth. With "Hello World" you could see ow the letters almost started out correct, they are deformed some from the start, and by the second word in the phrase the letters were unrecognizable as letters. One time I ran it and it headed off to the edge of the egg and got stuck.

I guess the first thing is to get help figuring out how to get the pen motor not to get stuck at the extreme edges of its arc unable to lift up from that position. Once that issue has been solved I am hopeful that the other issue will example files will work as expected.

Help.

By: dnewman (offline) on Friday, March 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM PDT  
dnewman

Sounds like you need to adjust the motor current. Please see the Troubleshooting page at

http://wiki.evilmadscience.com/Eggbot_Troubleshooting

Of particular relevance is the third topic,

http://wiki.evilmadscience.com/Eggbot_Troubleshooting#anothercuradj

Regards,
Dan

Cow Canyon Saddle Clear Sky Chart

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Mt. Baldy,
California

Profile Email    

By: dnewman (offline) on Friday, March 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM PDT  
dnewman

P.S. Congrats on getting your eggbot constructed! Having to adjust the motor current is not unusual.

Dan

Cow Canyon Saddle Clear Sky Chart

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Mt. Baldy,
California

Profile Email    

By: sandor (offline) on Friday, November 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM PST  
sandor

Congrats, Hope you figure out why the pen motor is getting stuck. You should post a vid of the bot in action.

Forum Apprentice
Apprentice

Profile Email Website  

All times are PDT. The time is now 08:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account