Forum Index > Projects > Clock Kits
 Red Led's Occasionally flicker off..
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Tr33x0rs () on Wednesday, June 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM PDT (Read 2155 times)  
Anonymous: Tr33x0rs

I built my Bulbdial clock about 6 months ago and have been Extremely happy with it! Although It seems i may have not gotten one of the solder joints very well because occasionally the Red Led will turn off.. It doesn't matter which LED is on, it will flicker off sometimes.

This hasn't been a problem because once it was on, it would stay on.. It recently got tipped over on it's face and now the red seems to be staying off.. If if "flick" the clock the red ring will turn back on.. Any idea what joint may be loose? Any help would be greatly appreciated!






       
   
By: Anonymous: Tr33x0rs () on Wednesday, June 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM PDT  
Anonymous: Tr33x0rs

I just re soldered the leads of what i believe to be the power and the red is coming on now. Although, I do notice that when I plug the power in all the way the red comes on, as I was unplugging it to put the case back on, I heard a small tick sound, and the red wasn't working! What would cause the red to turn off if the power plug isn't in 100%? Did i miss the leads on the power connection?





       
   
By: Windell (offline) on Thursday, June 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM PDT  
Windell

I do not know of any type of error where different LEDs will come on depending on how far inserted the power plug is-- It's hard to conceive of a situation like that.

If you are still having troubles with the red LEDs, touch up the soldering on the red ring, as well as at resistor R10 and the vertical vertical jumper LED10.


Windell H. Oskay
drwho(at)evilmadscientist.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Status: offline

Registered: 06/15/06
Posts: 1932
Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  
   
By: Anonymous: Tr33x0rs () on Thursday, June 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM PDT  
Anonymous: Tr33x0rs

Windell,

Thank you VERY MUCH for you help. I was having some weird issues where the red led's would stay on 95% of the time, but the other 5% the red ring would turn off and I would have to tap the clock to get it to turn on.. Now As I stated, after messing with it before, As I moved the power connector, the ring would turn off as the plug was 1/2 was unplugged.. I thought this had something to do with the issue, but doesn't actually appear so! After reading this post (I forgot about it, as the clock was working good again for a while) I saw you reccomended hitting the LED10, which is exactly what it was! Thanks for the GREAT customer service!





       
   



 All times are PDT. The time is now 02:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.


DIY Hardware for Electronic Art


The Original Egg-Bot Kit


Octolively
Interactive LED kits


Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.


Business-card sized
AVR target boards


Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account






Lost your password?