Forum Index > Projects > Clock Kits
 Finished bulb dial kit and experience
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: PlanetaryGear () on Friday, August 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM PDT (Read 992 times)  
Anonymous: PlanetaryGear

Iíve had my Bulbdial kit in a box for the last year or so taunting me through a move when I just didnít have time to work on it. I finished it this morning and itís absolutely fantastic. The attention to detail in the directions and the beautiful PC boards are the best of any kit Iíve ever built.

My only problem was not really a problem at all, but did give me a few moments of panic while testing the first blue LED ring. I evidently clamped them too tightly and some of the led leads were coming into contact with some board vias along the rim. This made several ledís come on together and some not light at all. After tracing lines and making myself dizzy looking through a magnifier at my soldering I realized that just slightly bending the LEDís downward broke the spurious contact and everything started working. So as soon as you start to aim them it would have gotten better anyway.

Now to come up with a fun case to mount it in for the mantle Wink but until I can do that itís just fantastic siting here on my desk without a case. I think you should do a jumbo sized version for grandfather clock refits!

All times are PDT. The time is now 05:12 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account