Forum Index > Projects > Larson Scanner kit and LED Menorah kit support
 Extended Larson Scanner functionality help
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: atimbol () on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM PDT (Read 880 times)  
Anonymous: atimbol

So I have a couple Larson Scanners with the Extender code on it and have a couple problems with it. I have all 18 LEDs going, but....

1) Is there a brightness control? The 18 LEDs are running noticably dimmer than when I use the out of box Larson Scanner code, and I can't find a way to bump up the brightness.

2) When I hold down the button when I power it on the go into "bounce" mode, the LEDs bounce on their first trip down the line, then go back into disappear mode again right after. LEDs don't bounce after the first trip, just go back into disappear mode.

3) Is there any speed control?

By: squall_line (offline) on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM PDT  
squall_line

Quote by: atimbol

So I have a couple Larson Scanners with the Extender code on it and have a couple problems with it. I have all 18 LEDs going, but....

1) Is there a brightness control? The 18 LEDs are running noticably dimmer than when I use the out of box Larson Scanner code, and I can't find a way to bump up the brightness.

2) When I hold down the button when I power it on the go into "bounce" mode, the LEDs bounce on their first trip down the line, then go back into disappear mode again right after. LEDs don't bounce after the first trip, just go back into disappear mode.

3) Is there any speed control?

1) There should be, but I'll have to dig into the code again to see if I left it in there or not. See #3 below.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Does the first unit start, then it travels to the second and disappears after the second unit, or does the second unit never light? Depending on what you're seeing, it's probably a wiring issue, but I can't say for sure until I know what's actually happening.

3) There is, if you also hook the wires for the buttons together. This was flaky, at best, and I may have disabled the speed and brightness controls altogether in the code just to ensure that I could get the whole thing running smoothly.

I'll dig back into the code and see what I did or didn't leave in there. I've really been meaning to re-visit this whole thing (since the original reason behind it was for a project, and I haven't finished that project yet), so this is the perfect time for me to do so. Hang tight, it may take me a day or two to get into it with my current work schedule.

Forum Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Iowa, USA

Profile Email    

All times are PDT. The time is now 04:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account