Forum Index > Projects > Other projects
 Top 3 projects for newbies
 |  Printable Version
By: sandor (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 10:12 AM PST (Read 1269 times)  
sandor

Hey guys,
I am just getting into the fun and was wondering what the top 3 projects you guys would recommend for beginners looking to learn?

I apologize if this has been asked before. I took several electronic classes in high school and always loved it.

Thanks

Forum Apprentice
Apprentice

Profile Email Website  

By: karlgg (offline) on Sunday, November 06 2011 @ 11:31 PM PST  
karlgg

Since all the EMSL kits are designed with less-than-professional assembly in mind, I'd say anything that grabs your attention would be fine... With the caveat that maybe you'd want to limit yourself to things cheap enough you won't be too hurt over messing up. Smile

I haven't personally built a Larson Scanner or Menorrah kit, but they're pretty simple and reasonably cheap. I've built enough of their stuff to feel confident suggesting them anyway. The Diavolino is a good one if you want to learn Arduino (or general AVR) programming, but you'll need to buy the FTDI cable to do anything with it. And then you have to decide what to do with it yourself, since it's just a blank project board.

All the kits have the manuals online, so go through the ones you like the look of, and decide if you feel like tackling them.

I think I am, therefore I am... I think
Forum Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Profile Email    

All times are PDT. The time is now 12:54 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account