Forum Index > Projects > LED Pegboard and Matrix Projects
 Button Question
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Francis () on Thursday, May 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM PDT (Read 979 times)  
Anonymous: Francis

I would like to be able to program a button that just pauses the frame and when I release it, it continues on with the program. I am searching high and low on tutorials on basic button use and the game of life is far too in depth for me to figure this out. Are there any simple basic breakdown tutorials out there for basic functions?

Thanks!

By: Windell (offline) on Thursday, May 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM PDT  
Windell

I would like to be able to program a button that just pauses the frame and when I release it, it continues on with the program.

Depending on exactly how you want to implement this, it could be very easy or difficult. Detecting the button press is always easy. But depending on how your program is structured, it may not be as easy to pause whatever you are doing.

The peggy2_bounce program shows an example of simple button use-- detecting a button, and taking action on it. You can also use any of the Arduino tutorials (and Arduino code) for detecting button presses.

http://arduino.cc/it/Tutorial/Button

(The main difference being that you will need to use the Peggy commands to light the LEDs, not a single command to light a single LED-- unless you want to wire one up in the extra spaces on the board.)

Windell H. Oskay
drwho(at)evilmadscientist.com
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/

Forum Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist

Sunnyvale, CA

Profile Email Website  

All times are PDT. The time is now 11:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account