Forum Index > Projects > Interactive LED projects
 Reactive LED Wall Display
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: J Day () on Tuesday, November 11 2008 @ 06:08 PM PST (Read 7290 times)  
Anonymous: J Day

Hi, all...

I'm a senior at Auburn University in Alabama. I'd like to develop a reactive LED wall as my senior project. The LED coffee table is almost perfect for this. I plan on putting the completed project in the hall at work with an IR emitting module on the opposite wall. I know from reading in the forums that the coffee table circuit is significantly different from the dining table circuit. I understand that the circuit has not yet been published, but was wondering if you (Dr Who) could explain the difference between the two circuits and give some circuit details so that I can have some starting point for my project. Proper credit / reference to the source of inspiration would of course be made in my report. Thanks!

Private Contact: dayjerd@auburn.edu

By: dayjerd (offline) on Wednesday, November 12 2008 @ 09:05 AM PST  
dayjerd

just posting a logged in reply so that i'll get an email when there's any other response... thanks!

Forum Apprentice
Apprentice

Profile Email    

By: dayjerd (offline) on Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM PST  
dayjerd

i notice quite a few people have read this posting. Any advice anyone has regarding this idea would be greatly appreciated. I've got to make a decision about my senior project by the end of the week and put together a proposal for the idea to be approved by my professor before the end of this semester so that I can work on the project independently next semester. Kind of a pain, but that's the way they want it done, so any help I could get so I can make my decision would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Forum Apprentice
Apprentice

Profile Email    

By: dayjerd (offline) on Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM PST  
dayjerd

The coffee table design is analog like the dining table, right? I'm assuming that some type of op-amp is used, but what makes this circuit look so different from the dining table circuit? Is there still only one IC per node, with inputs from and outputs to each neighboring node?

Forum Apprentice
Apprentice

Profile Email    

By: dayjerd (offline) on Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 06:04 PM PST  
dayjerd

i think i've decided to purchase a panel kit... even if i don't decide to modify the circuit for my project, it'll be a neat thing to have around to play with... Big Grin

Forum Apprentice
Apprentice

Profile Email    

All times are PDT. The time is now 05:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Evil Mad Scientist Forum Archives — Read only!

Please visit our new forums for new discussions.

DIY Hardware for Electronic Art

The Original Egg-Bot Kit

Octolively
Interactive LED kits

Meggy Jr RGB
LED matrix game
development kit.

Business-card sized
AVR target boards

Peggy 2
LED Pegboard kits

My Account